- No alarm clock; slept until 7:00.
- Leisurely coffee, then breakfast.
- Six-mile walk (continuing training for half-marathon in January). The weather cooperated beautifully!
- Facial appointments here. Steamed and napped while she had her treatment, and vice versa.
- Sushi here.
- A little shopping downtown, mostly window variety.
- A stop at the brewery for a Hop Trip Ale.
- Home for dinner, wine and conversation.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Don't we all envision a perfect girls' day out now and then? Well, I just had one, and it went something like this:
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Two decades. 7,305 days. 175,320 hours. I could keep going, but you get the point. Today is our 20th wedding anniversary, and I consider it a pretty big milestone. Has it been all roses? Of course not. But it's been a wonderful journey with a good man, and I wouldn't trade any of it. So, in honor of our special day, I present twenty things I love about my husband (in no particular order):
- He always wakes up in a good mood.
- He's my biggest cheerleader. Very supportive.
- He likes to cook, and frequently does.
- He's incredible with animals.
- He's not snooty.
- He loves farming.
- He's openly affectionate with his family.
- He makes incredible french toast.
- His marinara sauce is amazing.
- He likes to garden.
- He doesn't shy away from hard work.
- He drives when I don't want to, which is often.
- He shovels the snow.
- He's great at meeting people.
- His positive outlook.
- He doesn't spend all weekend watching football.
- He puts up with my moods.
- He spoils me.
- He's got a great sense of humor.
- He's young at heart.
Monday, November 3, 2008
There we were, preparing Sunday breakfast when we had a visitor not more than 10 feet outside our kitchen door. Sophie went ballistic, so he was all the way to the alley before we were able to snap a shot. I didn't get the chance to ask if he's the one who ate my petunias all summer...