Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hey, Birthday Girl!

Happy 150th! I've only lived here 27 of them, so I can't really call myself a native. But, I believe that being from the State of Jefferson makes me close to one. In tribute to our beautiful state, here are a few of my favorite places in and around Central and Southern Oregon:

Curiosity seekers along a float trip on the Wood River, Southern Oregon.
Evening in Fort Klamath, one of the most peaceful places on earth.
Our National Park gem
Mill Creek Falls, Southern Oregon
Sunset on East Lake
The Metolius River (Mt. Jefferson in background)
Beautiful, bountiful Hood River Valley
Sunset from the top of Mt. Bachelor
Deschutes River
Morning on East Lake
Smith Rock

While these don't begin to illustrate the diversity of our geography and seasons, I hope they at least have you itching to get out and explore one of the most beautiful states in the union. Happy Birthday, Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment