Thursday, March 5, 2009

In stitches

It's been a fabric-and-fiber-filled couple of weeks, and I've been stitching like a madwoman. My knitting group is making a blanket to donate to charity, so I bought a skein of Cascade 220 Heathers (in colorway Kansas) and went to town on some squares.

Our daughter's friend had their first child...last November. How embarrassingly late can I be with a gift? At least she's not walking yet. Thank goodness. This is her Sweet Dreams Pillow.

And lastly, my nephew/godson and his wife are expecting their first baby in May, and the shower is next weekend. They're expecting a girl. No, seriously.

I'm still scrubbing the rust off where sewing is concerned, but I'm getting back into the groove and it feels good.

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing, Polly. You should publish a pattern for the block that looks like river streams run through it. Both the pillow and blanket are absolutely adorable. Make me wants to have some babies around :0) (Just kidding...)

    By the way, I love the new layout of your page. Is Spring here already? I only wish/dream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah. Yes, spring fever has gotten the best of me, in spite of the fact that I know we have a way to go yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete