Saturday, January 24, 2009

Burger with a bite

Had lunch for the first time today at the relatively new Bend Burger Company. As I do with all first-time visits to burger joints, I ordered the basic burger to form my first impression. In this case it was The Bend Burger. A little bit of cayenne (I think) spiced up the burger sauce, but not so much that it hid the taste of the beef itself. Topped with pickles, tomato, red onion, shredded lettuce, and burger sauce, it was IMO a great basic burger...with a generous side of fries. And the price at $6.95 was very fair. Good to see they were busy on this Saturday afternoon, and I hope they continue to succeed. The only things I've found off-putting so far are the typos I saw in the restaurant and on their website (which, in all fairness, appears to still be under construction). Can you be considered authentic Bend if you misspell Deschutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment