Friday, September 18, 2009

Restorative

Each September and February, a group of girlfriends gets together for the weekend. In September, it's a great way to close out the summer and make sure our connections are strong for the busy fall and winter ahead. There are nine of us now, coming from various parts of Oregon and northern California. We spend the weekend talking, eating, laughing, drinking wine, reading, occasionally knitting...nothing strenuous. Our weekend this year had the perfect setting: Lake of the Woods in southern Oregon. My friend's family cabin on the east side of the lake is the perfect setting at all times of day...

Just after sunriseEarly afternoon
Evening
It's a little piece of paradise, right here on earth.

Despite the fact that I never wanted to leave, I think I'm now ready to take on whatever the world throws my way this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment